Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Speaking Words By God's Power

Then He said to me, "Son of man, stand on your feet that I may speak with you!" As He spoke to me the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet; and I heard Him speaking to me. "I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God.' "As for them, whether they listen or not— for they are a rebellious house—they will know that a prophet has been among them." Moreover He said to me, "Son of man, take into your heart all My words which I will speak to you and listen closely."

 

Ezekiel 2:1-2, 4-5, 3:10

 

 

God appears to Ezekiel the priest in the land of their captivity and calls him to be His mouthpiece to the people. He calls him to go to the people whose hard heart, rebellious spirit, and actions have caused them to wind up in captivity.

 

God calls Ezekiel to speak His Word to them.

 

He tells Ezekiel to speak to them exactly what He says, whether they listen or not; but God also tells him that whether they listen or not, they will have no doubt that a true prophet of God has been among them. And that God would reveal Himself and His power through Ezekiel.

 

How would God do this?

 

If we look again at Ezekiel 2:2, we see it says that God's Spirit entered Ezekiel and set him on his feet and he was able to hear God speaking. The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in him was essential for the people to receive God's word. And if we look proceed to look at Ezekiel 3:10, God says to him, "Take into your heart all My words which I will speak to you and listen closely." The other aspect of effectively speaking forth God's Word would be for him to take into his heart, his innermost being, his inner-control center, all of the Words God would speak.

 

What that is talking about is that Ezekiel had to take to heart God's words and let them become his; that he would take in God's word and live it and let his life become according to those words, before he could speak it to others. This is where it God's Word becomes credible and is transformed from mere words that a man can give a report on, into divinely empowered arrows of God that could pierce the hearts of many and accomplish what only God can do!

 

What is so incredibly exciting to me about this is that it applies to all of us today as well. Because as Christians, we all have had the Holy Spirit of God enter us once we are saved. 1 Corinthians 3:16 says, "Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" We have the inconceivable presence of God in us and the ability to hear Him speak and to share His words with others through our mouths.

 

And because the Spirit lives in us we will take into our hearts all the words that God speaks to us, make the adjustments in our lives to what God is saying, and by the power of the Holy Spirit we can and will live out a life that speaks volumes. Ezekiel 36:27 says, "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances." If we appropriate the power of God that is in us and obey and live His Word, then God can use us powerfully to speak forth His word to others in a way that they can receive and in a way that can absolutely change their lives! These words will not just be any word, but words that are anointed and filled with the very power of God.

 

Let's seek to be men and women who speak God's Words by God's power.

No comments: