Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Reflecting On The Job At Hand

 

Working a full-time job has a certain tone that it sets on each and every day, but it is fitting to have such structure to the day and a blessing to be able to work the job before me.

 

It is completely different driving to work in the morning and being there all day, then driving home to use the remaining hours of day before it is time to go to sleep and start the whole process over again.

 

Life seems composed of fewer elements in some ways, and yet there seems to be a freedom there as well. Especially now while I am living in a new town, mostly around people I've only known for a year or more, the sameness of the daily routine is wearying sometimes.

 

However I want to bring a fresh perspective to my day and know that it is not just other day in the daily grind.

 

I want to remember that God's mercies are new every morning, and meditate on what that means.

 

I want to be close to God, so close, brought through the rivers of the spiritual disciplines which I neglect so easily, to the ocean of hope in Him.

 

Then no matter what I am doing that day, it will be full of His love, delight, and amazement.

 

 

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

 

 

 

No comments: