Monday, December 1, 2008

That Which God Began

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

 

Philippians 1:6

 

 

 

Do you understand what God has done?

 

He has deposited Himself in you.

 

As we grow in the knowledge and grace which God extends to us, we begin to change as we obediently follow He's teaching.

 

Following in obedience to God is not an option; and we must purpose to trust Him and the power of the Holy Spirit within us ("I will put a new way of thinking inside you. I will take out the stubborn hearts of stone from your bodies, and I will give you obedient hearts of flesh. I will put my Spirit inside you and help you live by my rules and carefully obey my laws" Ezekiel 36:26–27) to complete that which He has began in us.

 

There will be times in our lives when we become distracted and chose to walk in disobedience, blinded by the real issue that is keeping us from following in obedience to God—sin.

 

It is not that sin has no more presence in our life, but rather that sin has no more power over our life. Temptation will pester us, but temptation will not master us as we put our focus on God and follow faithfully after Him.

No comments: